Thursday, April 7, 2011

One Item Three Ways Thursday #6

I made all of my looks into one image this time around to make a less cluttered looking post. I chose a dress from Modcloth which specializes in vintage inspired clothing. This is also going to focus more on outfits outside of lolita.
One Item Three Ways:modcloth

One Item Three Ways:modcloth by MandaPlz featuring a sheer dress 
numbered 1-3 left to right
1) The design on the dress personally reminded me of much darker Sugar Pansy. You should use pastels to really lighten up the dark dress for this sugary sweet look. I used a very soft and airy cardigan,worthy of Sugar Pansy, over the dress for modesty and to bring out the yellow in the print.  Use a simply styled rose colored wig to add elegance and matche the floral theme of the dress.

2)This is the way I would most likely wear it in my everyday life. It has an edgier fairy kei feel to it (I use fairy-kei very loosely). The pastel leather jacket and floral doc martens add spunk to a rather prim and proper dress.  The OTK socks and knit scarf are for added warmth and coziness. I think this would look best with loose fluffy curls~

3)I played up the natural floral print of the dress in a mori girl coord. I paired the dress with subtle floral mid calf socks and navy lace up boots. The blouse and aged denim jacket have a cool vintage feel to them and are perfect for mori girl. The hair is styled simply with a single pink rose hair piece and tied into two braids. 


I must apologize for not posting last week due to the awesome that is Tekkoshocon. Despite how small the hotel was for the number of attendee, I still made TONS of new friends. A group even cosplayed my favorite kpop group SHINee and preformed their song 'Lucifer' at the masquerade. I. literally. died.

No comments:

Post a Comment